Search the Site
Haney House Museum
This gracious family home was built on the brow of a hill overlooking the Fraser River by pioneer Thomas Haney for his wife Anne and family. They came to Maple Ridge in 1876 and in 1882, subdivided their land to create the townsite of Port Haney. Members of the Haney family lived in the home until 1979 when it was donated to the people of Maple Ridge. Restored with the aid of a B.C. Heritage Trust grant, Haney House has been open to the public since 1981. Features of the main floor are a farm kitchen, family portraits and furnishings in the parlour and dining room. Upstairs is a fully furnished master bedroom, little girl's room, priest's room and bathroom. The Heritage Walk winds through part of the garden and remnants of the orchard behind Haney House.
Guided tours of the house are offered between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Sundays year-round, with extended summer hours. Special programs and events are part of the annual activities at the site, including Saturday and Sunday afternoon tea on the veranda in July and August, Canada Day celebrations, and a heritage plant sale.