The Maple Ridge Historical Society is governed by our Consititution and Bylaws.
- The name of the Society is the "Maple Ridge Historical Society". [as amended Sept 30, 1980]
- The purposes of the Society are:
- to promote study, research and interest in the history of the Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows Districts and environs, hereinafter called the "Districts"
- to preserve and protect historical sites and buildings in the District,
- to erect memorials, tablets, and other objects of like nature to commemorate historical events and personages of the Districts,
- to award prizes and give rewards for meritorious literature concerning the history of the Districts,
- to aid in the institution and administration of a Maple Ridge Museum.
[as amended Sept 26, 1980]
- The operations of the Society are to be chiefly carried on in the District of Maple Ridge and the District of Pitt Meadows in the Province of British Columbia.