Search the Site
P06421 – Hal Menzies and daughter Jean Nelson (nee Menzies) working in his real estate office.
Menzies & Martyn
William Menzies’ son, Hal [Halbert}, personally constructed and opened Haney’s first real estate office, with the help of Donald B. Martyn, in 1910 on the most strategic location in town. It was situated opposite the watering trough and the first and only street light on the north east corner of what is now 224th Street and River Road.
Hal made a habit of moving to better locations as the town expanded. He continued to work in the real estate business throughout the years, retiring to continue an independent notary public office in a new location. When Hal announced his retirement in 1957, he sold the balance of his interest to his partner, and son-in-law, Richard “Dick” Carlson.
To learn more about Port Haney click the Next Topic button below:
If you have more information on this topic, please contact us.
Our community history can only be as accurate as our resources allow.